Sunday, July 5, 2009

I Don't Want Everything About Me Exposed -Rita Dominic


Rita Dominic has not only made her name as a frontline Nollywood figure, she has also become a role model and ambassador of some sort. Born of parents with different citizenship, Rita is one lady, who has won the hearts of many with her brilliant interpretation of roles in and outside of Nigeria.

In this interview with Gbenga Bada, Rita had so much to say about her upbringing, career, passion and temper.

Little has been heard about you until recently. What has been happening to you in recent time?

Well, it's been a whirlwind of events, I just got back from Malawi, where I went for an AfricaMagic promotional tour sponsored by Multichoice and it was a way of rewarding our fans and meeting them one-on-one and it was a pleasant experience. I also got engaged with the charities and was able to do something I love doing whenever I'm chanced and that is giving back to the society.

What was the tour really all about aside the promotion of Multichoice and AfricaMagic?

I think it was in the form of creating an avenue for the people of Malawi, who are great fans of Nollywood, to meet one of their well loved Nollywood stars from Nigeria. So, it was a way for Multichoice to give back to the Malawians. AfricaMagic just clocked five and it was all part of creating awareness and basically say thank you to the Malawians

Why did you think you were chosen over your other colleagues?

I don't know but I think they carried out a poll in Malawi to know which of the Nollywood stars they would really want to hang out with. I think somehow, my name topped the list and that was it.

What would you say makes you unique ahead other colleagues?

The truth is that I don't know what makes me unique or differentiates me from my colleagues. This is because we have very talented actors and actresses in Nollywood, so one can't really say this is what differentiates me. All I can say is that it just happens and people just talk about me.

nollywoodfilms

No comments:

Post a Comment